Pages

Wednesday 31 December 2014

Best of the ACW Archives: Author Interview with Laura Frantz

By Ellie Whyte

Laura Frantz is a lover of history, is the author of The Frontiersman's Daughter, Courting Morrow Little, and The Colonel's Lady, and currently lives in the misty woods of Washington with her husband and two sons.

Passionate about all things historical, she writes her manuscripts in longhand first. Her stories often incorporate Celtic themes. Her family lineage is Scottish, English, and Irish.

Laura Frantz credits her grandmother as being the catalyst for her fascination with Kentucky history. Frantz's family followed Daniel Boone into Kentucky in the late eighteenth century and settled in Madison County, where her family still resides.

The following is a 2014 interview with Laura.

 The Frontiersman's Daughter
Tell us a little about yourself.
I was born and raised in the southern U.S. – Kentucky – but currently I live way out west in Washington State in a little house in the misty woods with my real-life hero of 20 years, Randy, and our 2 sons, Wyatt (16) and Paul (14).

How did you become a novelist, and did you always want to write?
I wanted to write from the age of 7 when I penned my first story which was and always has been a historical. The journals I kept when I was a young girl say, “I want to be an author when I grow up.” I still have them in an old trunk and it’s interesting to read that wish many years later. Sometimes I think God instills in us our heart’s desire early on J.

What do you think is significant about Christian fiction?
I think the written word is very powerful. Jesus often spoke in parables/stories that are with us today. Christian fiction is often a seeker’s or non-Christian’s introduction to a Christian worldview and is capable of inspiring hungry souls to dig deeper and meet the Savior or get to know Him better than they do. God is so creative in how He reaches us and I’m thankful He chooses books as one way to get His message across.

Read more at the following link:


http://australasianchristianwriters.blogspot.com.au/2014/01/author-interview-giveaway-laura-frantz.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.