Pages

Friday 18 August 2017

Best of the ACW Archives ~ To Review or Not to Review?

My name is Andrea Grigg and I don’t like writing reviews.


Some of it stems from the fact I’m not a natural reviewer. It takes me hours, even when I love a book. I could rave about it verbally – albeit not coherently – but to write one is a challenge. I forget plot points, themes and often can’t remember the subtext. All I know is I adored the characters, felt their pain and then the love when everything turned out as it should.

But there’s a great deal more to my discomfort than that.

Nola encapsulated my thoughts beautifully in one of the threads on my January 14 post: (You’ll need to set aside half an hour if you want to read all the comments). Here's what she had to say:

‘I sometimes feel 'put on the spot' when I read something I don't think is up to scratch...'

Read more at the following link:

http://australasianchristianwriters.blogspot.com.au/2015/01/part-2-australasian-christian-fiction.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.