Pages

Monday 10 July 2017

Best of the ACW Archives ~ Let's Talk About Sex, Baby! (Part 1)

By Andrea Grigg

Sex.


One of the most controversial topics within Christian fiction, especially in my favourite genre, romance.

I get the feeling some Christians would like to remove sex from fiction altogether. I suspect they might even consider it sinful to read Christian fiction in the first place!

Of course, there’s the other end of the spectrum, although I’m not sure what it looks like. I haven’t gone searching for Christian books with explicit sex scenes in them but they could be out there. If they are, I suspect they’re in the self-published section.

When I was writing A Simple Mistake I had a very interesting conversation with a friend. She encouraged me to ‘keep my writing real’ and then related a story about a girl she knew personally who needed counselling because her marriage relationship hadn’t turned out like the ones in the Christian romances she’d read.

My first thought was, ‘You’ve got to be kidding!’ and my second, ‘What on earth has she been reading?’ Even though it sounds far-fetched, the story is true and it has stayed with me. Keeping it real is something I think about all the time as I write.

But just how real should we get?

Read more at the following link:

http://australasianchristianwriters.blogspot.com.au/2015/03/lets-talk-about-sex-baby-part-1.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.