Pages

Friday 6 May 2016

Best of the ACW Archives - Author Interview: Carrie Turansky

By Iola Goulton

I’d like to welcome Carrie Turansky to the blog today. Carrie’s first novella, Wherever Love Takes Us, was published in 2005 as part of a Barbour four-in-one novella collection. Since then she has published a range of novellas and novels, and signed a three-book contract with Waterbrook Multnomah in October 2012.

First, congratulations on the publication of The Governess of Highland Hall, the first in your Edwardian Brides series. What was the inspiration behind that?
Thank you! Like many viewers, I fell in love with Edwardian culture when I watched the British series “Downton Abbey”. That prompted me to think about writing a novel set during that time period and also to visit England in 2012 as part of my research. The beautiful countryside and lovely historic homes captured my imagination, and the story and characters came to life in my mind.

And I’ve always admired the English missionary Amy Carmichael who travelled to India during that time same time period. Reading her biography gave me several ideas to help me create the background for my heroine, Julia Foster. My research led me to a beautiful country estate near Bristol called Tyntesfield, and I used that as my setting. Tyntesfield is actually pictured on the cover. 

Read more at the following link: 

http://australasianchristianwriters.blogspot.com.au/2013/09/author-interview-carrie-turansky.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.