Pages

Tuesday 28 November 2017

Hope Is A Mighty Anchor

By Keona Tann


We have been given a mighty anchor of hope, as promised in Hebrews 6:
“So God has given both his promise and his oath. These two things are unchangeable because it is impossible for God to lie. Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us. This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God’s inner sanctuary.” Hebrews 6:18-19 (NLT)

What does this all mean? The lyrics from “I Can Feel You” by Jenn Johnson explain this anchor some more:
“Though the storm it rages
I won't be moved
I won't be shaken
I'm anchored in You
I can feel You
Jesus all around”

From these words I gather encouragement that:
God is stable
I can find refuge in God
God is truth
His mighty hope will keep me anchored
God is faithful

Hope can be described as a feeling that we know things will work out a certain way; we are implored to place our hope in God because He is stable and reliable;  when we have our hope in God, and we are reassured that it lines up with His will for our lives, we can have confidence that it will come to pass; we believe and trust in God which restores our hope; from that place of hopeful peace we can be assured, even when the situation and circumstances around us are contrary to the promise, that God will come through for us!

“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” Corrie Ten Boom

“The hope that God has provided for you is not merely a wish. Neither is it dependent on other people, possessions, or circumstances for its validity. Instead, biblical hope is an application of your faith that supplies a confident expectation in God’s fulfillment of His promises. Coupled with faith and love, hope is part of the abiding characteristics in a believer’s life.” John C. Broger

As the storms of life come and attempt to blow me off course I set my anchor. With my ‘anchor set in God’ I won’t be moved from the course set. I can feel tossed about but the anchor chain will never break and the anchor will never move! How cool is that? How amazing.

I pray that you can feel God surrounding you with His presence. I pray that you can feel the strength of hope arise within you.

Many Blessings, Keona

For most of my life I struggled with sickness. The 2 dominant afflictions were endometriosis (for 28 years) and adrenal fatigue (I was severely debilitated for 28 months and the recovery has been a journey of 11 months so far).
In September 2016 God declared healing over my life. This set me on a path of restoration and transformation.
My passion for writing was reignighted and I wrote the following mission statement:
I desire to impact the world through the words I share. I long to enrich, empower and encourage others whilst delivering my stories with empathy and understanding.
“He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what he has done and be amazed. They will put their trust in the LORD.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭40:3‬ ‭NLT‬‬
I've started a weekly blog which you can find at: https://keonajtann.wordpress.com/
I'm currently working on my testimony as well as my journey with endometriosis and adrenal fatigue. I hope that I'll launch my first book soon. Many blessings, Keona

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post, Keona. Thanks for sharing your inspiring words of hope. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.