|Stock image used with permission from TheMins|
Narelle here. This week marks our blog's first anniversary and we're celebrating with an extra special birthday giveaway. One lucky reader will win a $150 Gift Card. Read on to discover how to participate in the ACW Scavenger Hunt and enter the Gift Card drawing.
We started our blog a year ago with group goals and a vision for the future. Our goals included:
- Promoting Australasian Christian books and authors to a local and international audience.
- Providing insightful reviews of Christian books.
- Providing quality writing craft blog posts for aspiring authors.
- Creating a Facebook group that connects writers, readers and builds community.
- Working in partnership with Australian Christian Readers Blog Alliance (ACRBA) to promote ACRBA book tours.
ACRBA organises free blog tours for Christian fiction, non-fiction and childrens books. ACRBA members who blog regularly can request free review copies (print and/or electronic) and post a review of the book on their blog during the ACRBA tour week.
ACRBA has created a new membership category called Friends of ACRBA. These members can support the authors and ACRBA by posting the ACRBA tour post on their blog. The only criteria for joining Friends of ACRBA is to have a blog and there's no minimum posting commitment. This category could suit the following people:
- Current ACRBA members who aren't meeting the minimum 2 posts per week criteria on their blog.
- Authors who can't request review copies of books through ACRBA from their publisher due to a financial interest reviewing conflict.
- Bloggers, including authors and readers, who want to support authors but don't write or post reviews on their blogs.
If you have any questions about ACRBA or Friends of ACRBA, please ask in the comments below and check out our the post on Why Join a Blog Alliance?
More information on the ACRBA membership criteria can be found here.
ACW Birthday Scavenger Hunt - Win a $150 Gift Card!
Today we are starting our ACW Scavenger Hunt that will run over 5 days, September 1-5. You'll find a list of clues at the end of each post. The answers are on the ACW blog member's website that is listed with each clue. The grand prize is the $150 Gift Card (in Australian dollars, converted to USD for Amazon and NZD for Soul Inspirationz) that can be redeemed at one of the following stores:
- Koorong (Australian readers only)
- WORD (Australian readers only)
- Soul Inspirationz (New Zealand readers only)
- Light the Dark (worldwide, flat $5 Aust dollars shipping to anywhere in the world)
- Amazon.com (worldwide)
The Scavenger Hunt closes at 2pm on Sunday, September 7 (AEST). The winner will be announced on Tuesday, September 9.
Scavenger Hunt Entry Rules:
- Complete the Rafflecopter entry below.
- Complete the online form below with your personal details and all the answers to the clues. We respect your privacy and your information will not be shared.
- Leave a comment on this blog post, Monday September 1.
- Extra entries can be gained, up to a maximum of seven, by: following @ACWriters on Twitter, tweeting the giveaway, following the ACW blog, and leaving a comment on the blog posts each day from September 2 - 5.
- Only entrants with all the correct answers will be eligible to win the Gift Card. If no entrants meet this criteria, the entrants who scored the highest number of correct answers will be entered in the drawing.
- The Scavenger Hunt closes at 2pm on Sunday, September 7, 2014 (Australian Eastern Standard Time, AEST).
- The winner of the grand prize, $150 Gift Card (Australian dollars), will be announced on Tuesday, September 9, 2014.
Good luck! Don't forget to leave a comment on today's post, complete the online form and complete the Rafflecopter form to enter the drawing.
As an extra special gift, we're giving away a $10 (US dollars) Amazon Gift Card from Amazon.com to a reader who leaves a comment on today's post. The $10 Amazon Gift Card giveaway closes at midnight on Sunday, September 7 (AEST). The winner will be announced on Tuesday, September 9.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
ACW SCAVENGER HUNT CLUES:
Clue 1 from Jo-Anne Berthelsen: What is the name of my first non-fiction book?
Clue 2 from Ian Acheson: What is the name of the award Angelguard recently won? http://ianacheson.com/
Clue 3 from Mary Hawkins: What is the title of my book where the heroine's name is Brenda Sparks?
You'll find the next group of clues in tomorrow's post. Good luck!